Best Leaf Vacuums Buy in 2019 – Leaf Vacuum Reviews
If you live in an apartment in a big city somewhere, you wouldn’t know the hassle of cleaning up the yard every other day. It’s an infinite struggle homeowner have to deal with on a regular. Especially in winter, when the leaves of the trees start to fall, the struggle becomes sheer pain.
If you are one of those homeowners who have already developed back problems by picking up the leaves by hand, you need an effective solution. That is why you are here today. We have managed to review the best leaf vacuums on the market for you.
We have taken the effectiveness, efficiency, build quality and performance as our choosing criteria. But before jumping into the reviews, there are some things you should know. This information will allow you to understand our picks better and make your life easier as well.
Table of Contents
- Best Leaf Vacuum Blower – Comparison
- The Terms
- The Review
- 1. Black+Decker LSW36 40V Lithium-Ion Cordless Sweeper
- 2. Toro 51617 Leaf Blower Vacuum
- 3. Worx 32V Max Cordless
- 5. Toro Ultra 51619 Vacuum/Blower
- 6. Black+Decker BV6000 Leaf Blower and Mulcher
- 7. Greenworks 24322 G-Max Cordless Blower Vac
- 8. Toro UltraPlus 51621 Leaf Blower Vacuum
- 9. Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC 27CC Leaf Vacuum
- 10. Worx WG520 Turbine 600 Electric Leaf Blower
Best Leaf Vacuum Blower – Comparison
|Black+Decker LSW36||Cordless||4.7 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Toro 51617 Leaf Blower||Corded||6.5 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Worx 32V Max Cordless||Cordless||–||Check Latest Price|
|Husqvarna 125BVx Handheld||Cordless||9.6 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Toro Ultra 51619 Vacuum||Corded||8.5 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Black+Decker BV6000 Leaf||Corded||8.1 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Greenworks 24322 G-Max||Cordless||5.6 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Toro UltraPlus 51621 Leaf||Corded||8.9 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC 27CC||Cordless||12 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|WORX WG520 Turbine 600||Corded-Electric||7.2 pounds||Check Latest Price|
There are a plethora of leaf vacuums available on the market. But first, you have to decide how you want to approach the market. You need to decide a few things before you click on the buy now button.
- Consider the size of your yard. It’s going to help you determine how beefy you want your leaf vacuum to be. If you have a small garden or backyard, you can go for the entry-level models and save yourself some money. On the other hand, if you have a gigantic property or you provide commercial services, you are better off with a heavy-duty model.
- Next, decide how you want your power. There are electric leaf vacuums and then there are gasoline leaf vacuums. The electric models come in corded or cordless forms. It’s up to you and your property. Choose wisely.
- Define a budget. If you jump into the market without a solid budget in mind, you are guaranteed to spend more than you anticipated. So, lock on an amount and try to tailor your requirements around the budget.
If you are new to the vacuum industry, especially leaf vacuums, its quite obvious that you don’t know the terminologies used by the manufacturers. Some manufacturers might market the same features in different ways to grab more attention.
But if you know the terms yourself, you are less likely to be scammed. Let’s take a look at some of the terms.
- Speed/volume Ratings: The speed a vacuum or blower operates on is a crucial measure in the world of yard cleaning. Some manufacturers use the MPH (Miles Per Hour) rating while the others use CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute). The diameter of the nozzle is directly linked to the speed. As the nozzle size increases, the speed decreases and the volume increases.
- Nozzles: The nozzles are used to draw the leaves in from the yard. Nozzles come in two variations. Flat and round. Flat nozzles have a higher speed and lower volume means high MPH ratings and low CFM ratings. Round nozzles are at the opposite side of the spectrum.
- Speed Settings: Best leaf vacuums offer different speed settings for different purposes. Depending on the volume you want to cover in a certain time, you can adjust your setting. Some cheap models might not offer this feature to cut costs.
- Reduction Ratio: It’s applicable for the best leaf vacuums that offer to mulch. The ratio means how many bags of leaves are reduced into how many bags of mulched leaves. Usually, the ratio is 10:1 or 16:1.
- Choke: It’s applicable to gas-powered models. Choke is used to start the motor easily after a long break. What is does is it restricts airflow and increases fuel to assist the motor to start.
- Engine Stroke: You might see two-stroke or four-stroke ratings on a gas-powered leaf vacuum. It nothing significant but the two-stroke motors are really helpful for the environment. And the operation is critical as you have to mix oil and fuel to get it to work.
Now that you know the basics of how the best leaf vacuums should be, we can safely go into the reviews. We’ve put in a lot of effort into the list to figure out the best choices for you. Read on below to know about the best yard vacuums.
1. Black+Decker LSW36 40V Lithium-Ion Cordless Sweeper
Black+Decker is a very well-known name in the world of the vacuum. They have created some great blowers and vacuums over the years and they still managed to surprise us with this sweeper model.
It’s a very good design and it gets the job done very precisely. This unit dual-purpose model which means it can work as a blower and a vacuum. It’s really convenient because the flat nozzle might not be able to suck big piles of leaves at once. You can use the blower to loosen the pile-up and then vacuum the debris.
It has a powerful 40V lithium-ion battery so you can roam around the lawn without tripping on the cord. As it uses a battery, there isn’t going to be any extra noise from the motor. It has a variable speed setting so you can choose your preferred one depending on the intensity of the debris.
It’s one of the best leaf vacuums in the price range and it comes with a decent 2-year warranty.
- Powerful vacuum and blower
- Long operation with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Low noise
- Operates equally on hard surfaces as well
- Soft grip handle for better ergonomics
- Very lightweight at 4.7 pounds
- Low CFM rating
- No mulching
2. Toro 51617 Leaf Blower Vacuum
A great 3-in-1 machine for all-round lawn maintenance. You can switch between a mulcher, a vacuum, and a blower whenever you want. It’s a corded model so you won’t have to worry about losing power mid-operation. Also, the cord comes with a cord lock so you don’t have to worry about unplugging it accidentally.
This leaf vacuum can create an airstream of 215 miles per hour which is tremendous. It’s really impressive how far technology has come that an electric motor can create such power. There are two separate speed settings so you can use it to your benefit while cleaning.
One of the great characteristics of this model is that it’s really lightweight and compact. It weighs only 6 pounds which is really good for one-handed operation. Moreover, there is a shoulder strap so you don’t put too much stress on your hands.
The leaf reduction ratio is decent and it can turn 8 bags of leaves to 1 bag. The blower is really effective if you want to loosen the pile prior to mulching them into pieces.
- Quick-release latch for effective switching
- Great fans to eliminate the possibility of clogging
- Multiple tubes and specialized operations
- Very lightweight and comes with a shoulder strap
- Decent reduction ratio
- Cord lock system
- 215 mph speed rating
- No battery backup
- Relatively loud
- The vacuum needs a flat surface for effective suction
3. Worx 32V Max Cordless
A sweeper, a cleaner and a blower. An amazing combo kit from Worx. Worx is a very famous name in the vacuum industry and they proved their worth yet again with the 32V Max Cordless. It’s powered by a 32-volt lithium-ion battery so there are no tangled wires dragging behind you.
This model comes with a whopping 14 cleaning attachments. It’s not only a leaf vacuum but you can also use it in different places in your home. Not only that, but you can also clean your gutter with it. It’s a very compact and light machine so storage and carrying are very simple.
You can twist the tube at your will and add any attachment at the end. It can do any cleaning job you can think of. Sweeping your home to sucking all the debris or blowing the leaves out of the garden, everything is possible.
Despite being relatively expensive, it’s worth the money thanks to its multipurpose characteristics. If you don’t have any vacuum at your home, you can buy this model without any doubt as you can effectively clean your home, car, garden with any type of surfaces. It comes with different length tubes.
- 32-volt powerful electric motor
- Multipurpose kit
- Variable-length tube
- A wide array of cleaning attachments
- Weighs only 4 pounds
- Blower and vacuum
- Relatively expensive
- No mulching
- Only 120 MPH speed rating
4. Husqvarna 125BVx Handheld Leaf Vacuum
If you know and care about vacuum cleaner manufacturers a little, you might know the name Husqvarna. They have been making state of the art vacuums for a long time and they excel in making leaf vacuums also.
Husqvarna 125BVx is the first gas-powered leaf vacuum in our list. It’s designed for those people who don’t want to get into the hassle of charging or swapping battery packs. It’s a very powerful leaf vacuum which also works as a blower.
The ergonomics is very good on this model and it’s surprisingly lightweight. As it’s a gas-powered machine, it can create a powerful airflow of 170 MPH and a very good 470 CFM air volume as it’s a round tube model.
It features an amazing 16:1 reduction ratio. It’s one of those combined kits where you can mulch the leaves you collect and reduce them simultaneously. If you don’t know, mulching is the process of shredding the leaves into tiny pieces so the bag can collect a higher amount of leaves.
The engine is designed to start easily upon cold start. The manufacturers call it the SMART START features. It’s basically an auto choke function that can be really helpful in a cold morning. The stop switch will return to start position automatically so you don’t have to deal with it.
It also features cruise control. Just like your car. You can set any speed you want and then you can enable cruise control so the machine will run at that speed until you stop it.
- Cruise control option
- Air purge (removing air from the carburetor for easier starting)
- Very intuitive controls
- Variable tube length
- Flared nozzle for easier pickup
- Works great on any surface
- Very powerful engine for a good speed rating while maintaining great volume rating
- Not really suitable for home use
- Loud as it’s a gas-powered model
- Complaints of blower not working
5. Toro Ultra 51619 Vacuum/Blower
Another model from Toro in our list. We can help ourselves if they keep proving themselves to be a very good brand. It’s an electric leaf vacuum unit with a 250 MPH rating. It works both ways meaning it can either work as a vacuum or a blower, without the need for any extra tools.
The manufacturer rated this model’s reduction capabilities in percentage. They claim that this model can reduce leaves and debris up to 88% of its initial volume. The vacuum bag is an improved new design with a bottom zip. It makes the emptying process very easy.
It comes with a cord-lock feature and allows you to extend the stock cord for added convenience. If you don’t like corded machines, this unit might not be perfect for you but it can get the job done very well.
A hook for cord storage and a concentrator nozzle can be found in the packaging. It has two speed settings only, the low and the high. The power switch is definitely not the best in the market and the power cord might come loose during operation.
Considering the price and the features, Toro Ultra 51619 is a great investment. You are getting a vacuum and a blower in the same machine as well.
- Improved mulching
- New large metal impeller
- Bottom zip bag as the collector
- Variable speed control
- Compact and lightweight
- Powerful 250 MPH motor
- 410 CFM air volume
- Not battery support
- Compromises on power switch quality
- The extension cord is not included in the package
- A small bag for collection
6. Black+Decker BV6000 Leaf Blower and Mulcher
A powerful 12 amp motor to satisfy your day to day lawn cleaning needs. It’s a great unit that works as a blower, a vacuum, and a mulcher. As it’s an electric model, you don’t have to worry about emissions and you can sleep peacefully at night because you are not spoiling the environment.
The manufacturers claim a 50% reduction in noise than the competitors. The impeller is made of metal and really good when it comes to shredding debris. Other than leaves, it can effortlessly reduce a stick or acorn. You can instantly recycle the reduced debris to your nearest recycling station or use it as your own compost.
The mulching ratio is 16:1 which is pretty standard in the industry. The collection bag is also decent in size so you don’t have to make frequents stops during the cleaning process. This unit form Black+Decker features disposable bags so you can just throw them away when full.
There is a built-in cord retainer and it helps keep the plug connected so you can have a consistent power delivery.
- Disposable leaf bag
- 16:1 reduction ration
- 3-in-1 operations
- Lightweight and compact
- Very little noise of 68 decibels
- Electrically powered
- 250 MPH speed rating
- Shoulder strap not comfortable
- Zip bag is difficult to empty
- No cordless variant
7. Greenworks 24322 G-Max Cordless Blower Vac
Undoubtedly one of the best cordless leaf vacuums on the market. The fact that it contains a DigiPro Brushless motor is enough to prove what they can do. The motor is powered by a 40V G-Max lithium-ion battery. All of this means only one thing, amazing power for the maximum amount of time. With maximum efficiency.
The brushless motor is the main selling point of Greenworks 24322 yard vacuum. It means more power and more torque on demand. It’s really efficient and only the best vacuums use a brushless motor. They can sustain longer in one battery which makes them ideal for cordless units.
The leaf vacuum starts with a push button. That’s it. The speed can be controlled as you want and there is a turbo button for maximum power. It’s a workhorse that can take anything and mulch them down to nothing, even matted leaves.
Another amazing feature of this model is the safety switch. If the blower gate is opened by accident, the blower will turn off automatically. It’s a great option that can save you or your family members from hurting themselves.
- Brushless motor for maximum efficiency
- Cordless functionality
- Longer work time with one battery pack
- Up to 185 MPH of speed
- Variable speeds for convenient cleaning
- 340 CFM air volume
- Only works with GreenWroks G-Max batteries
- Relatively loud
8. Toro UltraPlus 51621 Leaf Blower Vacuum
Yet another leaf vacuum from Toro. By now you should understand how great of yard vacuum manufacturer Toro is. Especially the 51621 is one of the best leaf vacuums that exist on the market.
It’s an electric unit that weighs under 9 pounds, which means you can clean as long as you want without putting any stress on your back or hands. You can attach an extension cord if the stock cord is not long enough for you.
This vacuum can create a speed of 250 MPH which is enough for a medium or large household. You have the freedom to fine-tune the speed as you want. It comes with a storage hook and a bag that has a zip on the bottom. All of it adds up to be a great yard cleaning experience.
Toro incorporated an all shred ring and a metal impeller which are supposedly their patented designs. They claim 97% of the shredded debris are going to be less than .5 inches in size. The mulching capacity is 10:1 which is not out of this world, but pretty standard.
There are some attachments that come with the model. The main tube is the blower. A power inserts to collect and mulch wet leaves. A concentrator to reach hard to reach spots. Finally, there is an oscillating nozzle the sweeps air back and forth by itself.
- Variable speed control
- 250 MPH speed rating
- Power corded motor for longer cleaning
- Attachments included
- Works as a blower, a vacuum, and a mulcher
- Very compact and lightweight
- Not the greatest of shredders
- Limited mobility due to the power cord
- Lower reduction ratio
9. Troy-Bilt TB2BV EC 27CC Leaf Vacuum
Want an effective solution to multi-surface vacuum? Get the Troy-Bilt TB2BV. It can sweep anything away that comes in its way and you can notice the cleanliness instantly. It’s a beefy machine with a 27cc 2-stroke engine.
This model is very much capable of handling anything. It can perform as a great commercial model as well. It fits right into the needs of people looking for vacuum solutions. You can one of them if you need to get your hands on one of the best leaf vacuums today.
The starting mechanism is very interesting. It uses a method called jump start. There is no cranking needed. Just push a button and the machine will start. It comes with a round nozzle tube so the speed rating is not very high.
But it still manages to pull 150 miles per hour which are commendable. The air volume is a massive 450 CFM. It’s a relatively heavy machine so it might put a strain on the muscles for a few days. But you are going to get a good workout every day if you decide to buy this model.
It’s a 2-stroke model. It means you have to add oil in the fuel. But if you like these technical aspects, the Troy-Bilt TB2BV can be a great investment for you. The displacement of the engine is 27cc which is very good considering the competitors.
One drawback is the mulcher. The blades are made of plastic. So, the mulching is not going to be very smooth or powerful. You get a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer as well. The vacuum also works as a blower and it has a cruise control option.
- Very powerful 27cc motor
- 2-stroke for maximum power
- 450 CFM for quick cleaning and blowing
- Jumpstart function
- Suitable for commercial use
- Round nozzle tube for extra quick cleaning
- Impact on the environment
- 10:1 reduction ratio
- Plastic impeller
- Higher maintenance cost
10. Worx WG520 Turbine 600 Electric Leaf Blower
If you’re looking for a value for the money leaf vacuum, Worx WG520 Turbine might be a great course of action for you. It’s affordable and it gets the job done. It creates a powerful vacuum of 525 CFM and an airspeed of 65 miles per hour. It’s a round nozzle model so it can suck a lot of leaves in one go.
It’s corded, but its very lightweight. It weighs only about 9.3 pounds which is ideal for carrying around. The vacuum allows two-speed controls so you can adjust it as you need. The fan technology is called ‘Turbine Fan technology’ which is effectively implemented by Worx in this model.
The best part is, this model also works as a blower. If you don’t want to gather all the leaves yourself, you can always blow them away. If you have enough area on your property, blowing the leaves away won’t hurt anything.
The manufacturer provides 3 years warranty on the leaf vacuum. Worx is a reputed name in the industry. If you’re getting a product from Worx, you can relax about the service. They are one of the best leaf vacuum manufacturers in the game.
- Easy to carry on the shoulder
- Shoulder strap and leaf carrier bag included
- 565 CFM vacuum and 65 mph airspeed for maximum efficiency
- Turbine fan technology
- Variable speed control
- 3 years manufacturer warranty
- Might be too heavy for one-handed use
- Not suitable for elderly
- Not suitable for cleaning large areas due to power cord
When things come to leaf vacuums, there is really no right or wrong. The brands we chose are all the best in the industry. They make the best leaf vacuums. Each one of them has something unique to offer and all of them come in a dynamic price range.
If you’ve no problem with corded models and have a medium lawn/backyard, you can go with the Worx WG520 Turbine model. But if you like the cordless models, the Greenworks 24322 might be a better choice. Ultimately, it all comes to personal preference and budget.