We’re all guilty of having some sockets scattered around here and there all over the house. In fact, it can become quite a chore trying to keep track of them. Not to mention it can make your workspace very messy.
Having a socket organizer that best suits your needs can be a very welcome addition to the list of tools you already own, giving you some order and sanity to your collection.
We have curated a list and a detailed review of all of the best ones out in the market, so you do not have to go scouring the web to find the perfect one. This guide is here to help you choose the best socket organizer that suits your needs. There are quite a few, from different build quality to different types of the organizer. There are also multiple price points, however, we have found that the best products do cost slightly more but not by much.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Socket Organizers – Comparison
- Best Socket Organizers – Reviews
- 1. Hansen Global 92000 SAE & Metric Socket
- 2. MLTOOLS Socket Organizer
- 3. Olsa Tools 3 Pieces Kit Aluminum Socket Holder
- 4. TEKTON 1885 Drive Socket Holder
- 5. Mechanic’s Time Savers MTSLASTRAY 5 Row
- 6. ARES 70204 3-Piece Aluminum Socket Organizer
- 7. Tooluxe 03966L Universal Socket Holders
- 8. Grip 6 pc Socket Organizer Tray Set
- 9. Lisle 40120 ¼” Magnetic Socket Holder
- 10. Ernst Manufacturing Socket Boss 3-Rail
10 Best Socket Organizers – Comparison
|Hansen Global 92000 SAE||Check Price|
|MLTOOLS Socket Organizer||Check Price|
|Olsa Tools 3 Pieces Kit Aluminum||Check Price|
|TEKTON 1885 Drive Socket||Check Price|
|Mechanic’s Time Savers MTSLASTRAY||Check Price|
|ARES 70204 3-Piece Aluminum Socket||Check Price|
|Tooluxe 03966L Universal Socket||Check Price|
|Grip 6 pc Socket Organizer||Check Price|
|Lisle 40120 ¼” Magnetic Socket||Check Price|
|Ernst Manufacturing Socket Boss||Check Price|
What are Socket Organizers?
Socket organizers are quite self-explanatory. They are little tools that help you keep your sockets all organized and neat. You do not fumble around searching for all the sockets you have misplaced here and there.
Socket organizers come in different types:
- Pouch organizers: They are the simplest one and requires virtually no installation whatsoever. On the downside though, they do not offer the same level of organization as the other types do.
- Rail System: These types of organizers generally require installation but on the bright side do offer generous storage option. You will find a clip on the sides of these which helps the socket organizer to keep it in place.
- Drawer Insert: Drawer insert socket organizers provides one of the highest socket storage capacity and comes in different built materials. You can find one made of metal, plastic and also padded foam. They are, however, on the bulkier side.
- Magnetic Holder: These are very budget-friendly and include magnets which makes your job of knowing where to put the sockets very easy. They do require more maintenance though.
Best Socket Organizers – Reviews
Now that you know what a socket organizer is and what they are used for along with all the types of them, let’s get into the reviews of the best socket organizers out there:
1. Hansen Global 92000 SAE & Metric Socket
A solid option on the market from Hansel Global. The construction is top-notch as well. It is made from ABS plastic, which ensures the durability of the product and means you do not need to go shopping for new ones just after a couple of weeks.
On top of that, the Hansen Global 9200 SAE & Metric Socket Storage Tray is somewhat resistant to oil and gas as well. It is a proper workhorse for this one. The design of the product is also very smart. It comes labeled with the type of socket sizes it fits on the surface and can hold both deep and regular-sized sockets.
This means you will never be confused about which socket size fits where. With the proper labeling and great construction, this socket organizer really lends its hand to organize your sockets in an easy and quick way. Do keep in mind that some users have found the size of the thing bit on the larger side and don’t fit in a toolbox that easily.
- Usable in more conditions and environments due to its construction
- Clear labels on the product which will help you avoid confusion
- ABS Plastic construction
- Holds multiple size sockets
- Reduces clutter and is also resilient to oil and gas
- The size may be too big for some
2. MLTOOLS Socket Organizer
The MLTOOLS socket organizer’s best feature is probably the sheer amount of socket it holds. You can store up to 90 sockets on this well-crafted socket organizer. It comes with 3 socket rails making it easy to store all the sockets that are lying around.
Another great feature is the universal twist lock system. The user reviews are also very positive, people are especially very pleased with the build quality of this. Made with premium quality materials and also a good-looking design ensures that your workspace looks organized. It also comes in multiple colors and you can pick the one that best suits your style. An overall great option from the manufacturer also comes with a smart warranty which speaks a lot about the quality of the product itself.
- Makes it easier to store many sockets at once
- The twist lock system is very convenient and makes the product very secure to use
- Multiple colours so you can show off your personality
- Comes with a smart warranty
- Good build quality
- Holds up to 90 sockets
- You cannot add extra slots unfortunately
3. Olsa Tools 3 Pieces Kit Aluminum Socket Holder
A great option for the ones who are shopping on a bit of a budget. The Olsa Tools 3 Pieces Kit Aluminum Socket Holder as the name suggests is made of aluminum which makes it pretty durable and long lasting.
Despite being slightly on the cheaper side the quality of the product is not compromised. There are 3 rails on this thing and each can hold up to 16 sockets. A total capacity of 48 sockets is really nothing to scoff at.
Apart from the well-built construction and design the Olsa Tools 3 Pieces Kit Aluminum Socket Holder also comes with ball-bearing clips and strings that help the socket stay in place. This ensures that the sockets do not get loose while in transport or in general.
It will easily fit in a toolbox as well, given its sleek and compact design allowing you to carry to different places if you need to.
- Not too overly expensive and yet maintains its quality
- The design and the portability of the socket organizer helps it fit in tool boxes
- Slick design makes the device very professional and appealing
- Metal construction
- Holds 48 sockets
- Comes with clips to keep the sockets securely in place
- The rails are a bit thin
4. TEKTON 1885 Drive Socket Holder
Another great option from the folks over at TEKTON. The TEKTON 1885 Drive Socket Holder is a nickel plated steel socket holder capable of holding up to 16 sockets on each of its rails. It also comes with spring-loaded clips that ensure that you do not go about losing your sockets and that they are securely kept in the place where you left them. Although we felt like the grip is not too strong and sometimes the sockets do come loose from time to time.
Apart from having quite a stylish design, it is also very versatile as well. You can easily store it in a toolbox or even wall-mount it. If you are feeling a bit extra fancy you can opt to install this socket organizer in your workbench as well and give yourself easy access to the sockets you need when you are working. It also does not hurt that it looks good and is nicely designed as well.
- It comes with clips for the sockets to stay in place
- Can easily fit in a toolbox
- Versatile; can be wall-mounted and even on workbenches
- Ease of use
- Efficient and beautiful design
- Socket clip not too secure
5. Mechanic’s Time Savers MTSLASTRAY 5 Row
The Mechanic’s Time Savers MTSLASTRAY 5 Row Lock-A-Socket Tray is one of the better looking and well-designed sockets. Here you’re getting 5 rows to store your socket and it’s capable of holding 67 sockets, which is quite a respectable amount.
The product is also very durable and has a powder coating which gives it more durability. To keep things in place, the Mechanic’s Time Savers MTSLASTRAY 5 Row Lock-A-Socket Tray also comes with rubber feet, meaning the tray will not be moving around on a flat surface and fall over.
Whether you are invested in project work or just keeping the tray stored, you can be sure that it will stay where you kept it and that peace of mind is quite nice to have. You can store five sets of sockets on the max, making it very versatile.
- Good looking and minimal makes it looks quite professional
- The rubber feet help it stay in place
- Durable materials with powder coating
- Holds up to 67 sockets
- The size is not so portable
6. ARES 70204 3-Piece Aluminum Socket Organizer
This one is another socket organizer made from aluminum which makes it very durable right out of the box. The built quality is very good and solid, lending it to its longevity and durability. The organizer is also very portable and light.
When it comes to the actual function of the socket organizer, which is to organize and hold sockets, you can expect to hold up to 16 sockets both of the metric and SAE kinds. You will also find a patented ball bearing clips for easier mounting on the rails.
It also comes with caps which makes it easier to change out the clips when needed as well. If you do not have too much space to spare on your workbench, then fear not as the ARES 70204 3-Piece Aluminum Socket Organizer comes with wall mounting features which will let you keep your desk clean and organized.
- Holds both Metric and SAE type of sockets
- The patented ball bearing technology helps it slide on rails smoothly
- Solid aluminum construction
- Wall mounting capability
- Light and portable
- Socket carrying amount is a little less compared to others
7. Tooluxe 03966L Universal Socket Holders
The Tooluxe 03966L Universal Socket Holders Organizer Tray is another socket organizer that comes with a nickel coated steel built instead of a plastic built. Although it is better to have a nickel coating rather than be made from plastic, it is not as durable compared to other high-quality organizers out there.
It does have you covered when it comes to versatility though. You can easily put it inside a toolbox or even mount it on a wall. There are 4 rails on here and is capable of holding up to 80 sockets which is quite a lot.
Overall, we are quite impressed with this one and the design is also very nice, giving it a more professional look.
- Easily fits in tool boxes
- The design and nice and professional
- High socket holding capacity
- Good built quality
- Sockets are not stored too securely and can fall off
8. Grip 6 pc Socket Organizer Tray Set
One of the most straight to the point socket organizers with no unnecessary bells and whistles. The Grip 6 pc Socket Organizer Tray Set is a no-frills socket organizer that simply gets the job done.
The built is also very good. Although it’s made from molded plastic, it is not as brittle as other organizers out there and can withstand the test of time. You can store both deep and shallow sockets and it also comes in different sizes which just adds to the overall versatility of the product. A solid choice for the money.
- Straight forward and no-frills socket organizer that gets the job done
- Comes in multiple sizes so you can choose the one that suits you best
- The good moulded plastic build
- Portable and lightweight
- Capable of holding both deep and shallow sockets
- Not an ideal option if you want to mount it on a wall
9. Lisle 40120 ¼” Magnetic Socket Holder
Another great no-frills socket organizers that are in the market and a very strong contender for the best socket organizer title. You can hold up to 26 sockets here. This might not be a lot but the compact and portable size of this it is not too much of a trade-off.
There are also clear labels that make it easy for you to know where to put which socket and easily get to the right socket when you need to use them. Apart from the features, the built quality is also good and we believe it will be quite the long-lasting product if used as intended.
There also magnets that ensure the placement is also safe and secure.
- Holds up to 26 sockets in a small and compact design
- Clear labels making it very straight-forward and easy to use
- Simple and professional design
- Great construction
- Slightly weak magnets
10. Ernst Manufacturing Socket Boss 3-Rail
The Ernst Manufacturing Socket Boss 3-Rail Multi-Drive Socket Organizer is a feature-packed socket organizer capable of holding 45 sockets of different sizes. It can hold sockets including ¼, 3/8 and ½ inch sockets. It also fits pretty well in a toolbox given its size.
The design and built quality are also top-notch and durable. There are individual rails making it easier to find the perfect fit and secure it firmly. Plus, we also quite like a blue and black color scheme.
- Holds up to 45 sockets and is versatile
- Easily fits in a toolbox making portable
- Quality construction
- Capable of adding or removing clips
- The clips take time to lock and remove
Socket organizers are one of the easiest and most efficient ways to manage the sockets that are in your house. They make your life easier to manage and frankly more organized. There are a lot of quality socket organizers that you can find out there that are well priced and also are built with quality construction. A terrific addition in any household and even more so if you are into DIY projects.
We have tried to curate a list of the best socket organizers out there to help you streamline your handy-man lifestyle. Even if you are not a full-time handyman, it is never a bad option to buy a socket organizer and keep all your sockets neatly organized in your garage or wherever you keep your tools. Just pick one that suits you best and you are good to go.