Black & Decker LDX120C Cordless Drill Machine Review
Drilling is one of the most essential activities that we require every now and then around our household. Efficient drilling requires an efficient machine. Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Machine is a great tool to have when you are considering drilling for day-to-day work of your house.
It offers you all the perks of a basic drill press at a convenient price and within your reach. Let us discuss few features it provides and the advantages you’ll have been using this product.
Table of Contents
Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt Drill Machine Features
Read on for a comprehensive Black and Decker LDX120C drill press review below.
The Power it Provides
Black and Decker LDX120C drill press uses a 20-volt lithium battery that drives power. The lithium battery will provide you with more charge than the standard NiCAD batteries. Lithium batteries will charge themselves quickly as well, which results in less consumption of electricity.
The battery is light as a result; the drill machine weighs less as well. The power of the battery allows you 115 inch-pounds of torque. This torque makes drilling screws and any type of light drilling activity easier for you.
The Speed You Drill With
Being small, the machine is surprisingly quick when it comes to drilling. The drilling speed is 650 rpm when it is at its peak. Although there is only one speed setting for the drill press, you will have a trigger which you can put pressure on.
Depending on the pressure, the speed varies. This drilling machine is perfect for your home drilling but not at all fit for the construction uses or any other professional projects at all.
The Chuck Size of the Drill Machine
The chunk size of the machine is 3/8” and it has a keyless chuck for your comfort. The clutch of the machine has as many as 11 different settings you can work with. You can drill on a range of surfaces with that and fasten things.
For example, the machine works really well on drywall. The chunk size is small. It prevents you from screwing too deep in the wall. By all means, it is fit for small-time household jobs and not for big projects as I keep on saying.
The Issue of Comfort
This lightweight drill machine can be really comfortable on your hands. This drill press weighs only 45 pounds. You can use it for an extended amount of time.
Arm fatigue won’t be an issue with Black and Decker LDX120C. The soft rubber on the handle will prevent any slip-ups that might occur while drilling.
- Low price standard drilling machine.
- 20-Volt Lithium Battery holds charge longer, charges faster and is lightweight.
- Offers sufficient power to carry out household drilling.
- The power acceleration is 0-650 rpm, which is really good for a household driller.
- The clutch system is top notch for a low-cost drill machine.
- You can have the charger plugged in while drilling, the machine won’t heat up.
- The clutch offers you 11 different settings you can work with.
- The LED light works well and shows crucial stats in the dark as well as in daylight.
- It is not particularly suited for commercial-graded big projects.
- The handle shape might be awkward for people to adjust with.
Black & Decker LDX120C Cordless Drill Machine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Does it include a light?
A: It has an in-built LED light yes, but it doesn’t come with an extra light.
Q: What is the Standard Power output for the Machine?
A: It comes with a 120V power output as standard.
If you have a limited budget and are looking for a perfect drill press for your use, this machine fits the bill perfectly. It is lightweight and doesn’t cause all the fuss while drilling.
If you are looking for fastening with really good speeds, this one can work with 650 rpm speed with good results. Warranty period is also competent as well.
You can check more drill press reviews below
- Craftsman 10 in Bench Drill Press Review
- Powermatic PM2800B 1792800B Drill Press Review
- Shop Fox W1667 1/2 HP Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press Review
- DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit Review
- Euro Tool (Drl-300.00) Bench-Top Drill Press Review
- Skil 3320-01 120-Volt Drill Press Review